Kingswear Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Planning Committee held in the Trust Room
on Tuesday 26th March 2013 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: 4 Councillors: Cllr. A. Lovell (Chair), Cllr. K. Allen, Cllr. R. Lovell, and Cllr. M. Trevorrow.
P/032/13 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (1)
Cllrs. John Ferris, Hector Newcombe, Jan Henshall, Jasmine Hacking and Mrs E Illingworth (Clerk)
P/033/13 MINUTES (2)
The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 26th February were signed as a correct record.
P/034/13 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (3)
There were none
P/035/13 QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC (4)
P/036/13 PLANNING APPLICATIONS (5)
1. 30/0113/13/CU Amended plans Change of use from restaurant to one bedroom self-contained flat and associated alterations to frontage for Mrs E A Henderson at Zanne Bistro, 13 Fore Street, Kingswear. TQ6 0AD. NO OBJECTION
2. 30/0672/13/F Householder application for proposed alterations to existing rear garden and refurbishment of existing car port construction for Mr J Martyr at 5 Church Park, Brixham Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0BD. NO OBJECTION
3. 30/0652/ 13/F Householder application for alterations and extensions to include construction of decking to front and rear gardens for Mr and Mrs S Quarman, 3 Spittis Park, Lower Contour Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0AP. NO OBJECTION
But with the condition that appropriate screening is planted to soften the underside of the decking facing the road. Due consideration needs to be taken that the chosen plant root systems will not damage the original stone wall facing the road.
4. 30/0657/13/F Resubmission of householder application 30/2854/12/F for work on garage and conservatory on area over garage for Mr J Hansell at Anchorage Cottage, Upper Wood Lane, Kingswear. TQ6 0DQ. OBJECTION
The Objection is to the proposed conservatory. Suggestion to resubmit plans for a roofed structure with reduced glazing. This would reduce light pollution and overlooking the neighbours garden. The design should be in keeping with the existing house.
5. 30/0689/13/F Full Planning application for the erection of residential dwelling for Mrs S A Wright at Raddicombe Heights, Hillhead Brixham. TQ5 0EG. SUPPORT
Support with the condition that the existing fence is continued to screen the neighbour’s property on the corner.
P/037/13 TREE MATTERS (6)
1. Grant of Conditional Consent
Register Number of Notice: 3361
Planning ref: 30/0171/13/TW
Site: Kingswear Park Club, Redoubt Hill, Kingswear.
P/038/13 CORRESPONDENCE (7)
There was none.
P/039/13 PLANNING APPEAL MATTERS (8)
P/040/13 SHDC PLANNING DECISIONS (Kingswear PC Recommendations in Brackets) (9) NOTED
1. 30/0147/13/F Householder application for single storey rear extension for Dr D Burston at Coombe Cottage, Bridge Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0DZ.
CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (No Objection)
2. 30/0114/13/F Householder application for alterations and loft conversion including raising roof for Mr and Mrs K Howard at Springbank, Lower Contour Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0AL.
CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (Objection).
3. 30/0195/13/CCE. Lawful development for certificate of existing use fence to front elevation for 29 Hillhead Park, Hillhead, Brixham. TQ5 0HG. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL
Meeting finished at 7:50pm