Kingswear Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Planning Committee held in the Trust Room on
Tuesday 29th May 2012 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: 5 Councillors: Cllr. A. Lovell (Chair) Cllr. K. Allen, Cllr. J. Ferris, Cllr. H. Newcombe, Cllr. M. Trevorrow, and Mrs E Illingworth (Clerk). 15 members of the public were also present and District Cllr Hawkins
P/045/12 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (1)
P/046/12 MINUTES (2)
The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 24th April were signed as correct record
P/047/12 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (3)
There were none.
P/048/12 QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC (4)
Several members of the public spoke regarding concerns over the pre planning consultation for a potential development at Putts Reservoir Upper Wood Lane. This proposal has yet to reach the planning application stage. It was agreed for the residents of the area to see the proposed plans that the parish council had been asked for initial comment. The group were asked to submit their thoughts as a consultation exercise to the clerk to be forwarded to the architect. It was also agreed to consider the format of planning committee meetings as increasingly pre consultation of proposals is being sort. Advice will also be sought of the District Planners over procedure.
P/049/12 REPRESENTATIVES FROM KARRD REPORT ON COUNSEL’S ADVICE IN RESPECT OF THE OFFICE DEVELOPMENT AT KINGSWEAR STATION (5)
A report was given by Mr R Rawlins, Honorary Secretary of the Kingswear Action on Rail and Riverboat Development. Mr Rawlins outlined KARRD’s view in light of the independent counsel’s advice to the District Council regarding the construction of the office block in Kingswear Railway Station. It was requested that the parish council submit a letter to the District expressing concerns over environmental impact of the building and the interpretation and implication of various planning and listed building regulations.
It was Proposed, Seconded and RESOLVED to send a letter before the Scrutiny Committee meeting of the District on the 7th June.
P/050/12 VILLAGE HOUSING INITIATIVE – UPDATE (6)
The final report has now been received concerning Housing Needs. It has identified a need for 8 affordable homes within the next 5 years.
The next step is to invite landowners and developers to contact the District Council, Forward Planning if they have land that they wish to be considered.
A suitable advert and more information will be discussed at the next council meeting on the 19th June.
There will be a public consultation as part of the process if a site is recommended.
P/051/12 PUTTS RESERVOIR – CONSULTATION OF DESIGN BEFORE SUBMISSION OF PLANNING APPLICATION (7)
Please see item 4 above
P/052/12 PLANNING APPLICATIONS (5)
1. 30/1052/12/F Householder application for extension to form conservatory on existing terrace for Dr D Burston at Coombe Cottage, Bridge Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0DZ. OBJECTION
There is grave concern over the amount of work carried out without seeking planning permission.
This is the only quality arts and crafts house traditionally built house in the Britannia Holt area circ. 1924.
This development will alter the entire appearance. It is felt to be vast and unsympathetic over development. The facia should not be overwhelmed as twice the depth of the house. Glass would need to be broken up.
2. 30/0954/12/F Householder application for single storey rear extension to form dining room for Mrs D Thyer at 48 Raddicombe Drive, Hillhead, Brixham. TQ5 0EZ. NO OBJECTION
3. 30/0898/12/F Householder application for proposed alterations and replacement of existing side extension existing dwelling for Mr K Webster and Miss C Dampier at Chelston, Wood Lane, Kingswear. TQ6 0DP. NO OBJECTION
P/053/12 TPO MATTERS (9)
1. Work to Tree Preservation Order Trees, South Hams District Council Tree Preservation Order 1978. Register Number of Notice: 3275. Planning ref: 30/1003/12/TW. Site: Land to rear of Inglewood, Higher Contour Road, Kingswear. NOT SUPPORTED
Judicious trimming to improve the balance of the tree is recommended.
P/054/12 ITEMS OF CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ATTENTION (10)
Letter x3 re Tree Order, planning reference 30/1003/12/TW
P/055/12 PLANNING APPEAL MATTERS (11)
P/056/12 SHDC PLANNING DECISIONS (Kingswear PC Recommendations in Brackets) (12) NOTED
1. 30/0613/12/CU Resubmission of planning application 30/1352/11/CU for change of use from store to residential accommodation above retained garage for Mr K Baud at Rosies Loft, Higher Street, Kingswear, Dartmouth. TQ6 0AG. REFUSAL (No Objection)
2. 30/0237/12/F Householder application for first floor extension to form bathroom and ground floor extension forming dining area, cloakroom and porch including other changes to fenestration for Mrs P Cheetham at Leat Cottage, Brixham Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0DT. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (No Objection)
3. 30/0149/12/F Amendments to householder planning approval 30/0635/11/F for alterations and extension to dwelling for Mr D White at Beechwood, Higher Contour Road, Kingswear. TQ6 0DE.
CONDITIONAL APPROVAL (No Objection)
Minutes Approved………………………………. Date:………………….
Next Meeting is the 26th June 2012